Joubin Nasehi Tehrani
I am a PhD student at CARLab. I am mainly interested in Biomedical signal processing and medical imaging.
M.Sc. Biomedical Engineering
1999 – 2002
-Modeling of Physiological Systems, Digital Signal Processing, Biomedical Instrumentations and Measurements, Ultrasonic Systems, Medical Imaging Systems, Image Processing, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic, System and method for Chaotic signal etc.
B.Sc. Biomedical Engineering
1993 – 1999
- Mathematics (basic and Engineering), Differential Equations, Electrical Circuits, Electronic Circuits, Microprocessors, Modern Control Systems, Analysis of Signals and Systems, Computer Programming, Physiology, Anatomy, Medical Physics, Medical Equipment Basics, Bio-instruments, Biomechanical Basics, etc.
My main research interest is High speed imaging of Cardiac function using Electrical Impedance Tomography. I try to answer the following questions:
How to record and analyse the biosignals?
How to solve Ill posed problems ?
How to increase SNR level for better biosignal measurement?
1) J. Nasehi Tehrani, C Anderson, C Jin, Alistair McEwan, Feasibility of electrical impedance tomography in haemorrhagic stroke treatment, In Journal of Physics: Conference Series , ICEBI, USA, 2010.
2) J. Nasehi Tehrani, A.Ahmadian, N.Riyahi-Alam, Dr Giti, Detection of Suspicious Microcalcifications in digital mammography using fuzzy Logic and Wavelet Transform Coefficients , Iranian Journal of Medical Physics, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp23-28 , 2003
Selected Conference Papers
1) J. Nasehi Tehrani, Craig Jin, Alistair McEwan, and André van Schaik, A Comparison between Compressed Sensing Algorithms in Electrical Impedance Tomography, IEEE EMBS'10, 31 August-September 4. 2010,Buenos Aires, Argentina.
2) G. Gargiulo,, A. McEwan, J. Nasehi Tehrani, C. Jin, A.van Schaik, P. Bifulco, R. Maria, M. Ruffo, R. Shephard, M. Cesarelli, A.Mohamed, R. Calvo, “Dry Electrode Bio-potential recordings” IEEE/EMBS Aug. 31 to Sep. 4, 2010.
3) J. N. Tehrani, W. Chik, M. A. Barry, A. Thiagalingam, C. Jin, A. van Schaik, T. I. Oh, E. J. Woo, and A. McEwan “3D EIT for cardiac function imaging using internal electrodes: preliminary simulations and pilot results", IEEE EMBS Workshop on MR-based impedance imaging Dec. 8 to Dec. 10, 2010, South Korea. Accepted 3/09/2010.
4) J. N. Tehrani, C. Jin, A. van Schaik, and A. McEwan. "L1 regularization method in electrical impedance tomography by using Pareto frontier curve", IEEE EMBS Workshop on MR-based impedance imaging Dec. 8 to Dec. 10, 2010, South Korea. Accepted 3/09/2010.
5) N. Riyahi-Alam, A. Ahmadian, J. Nasehi Tehrani, M. Guiti, M. A. Oghabian, Segmentation of Suspicious Clustered Microcalcifications on Digital Mammograms: using Fuzzy Logic and Wavelet Coefficients, International Conference on Signal Processing (icsp04), 2004, China.
6) Nader Riyahi-Alam, Alireza Ahmadian, Masumeh Guiti, J. Nasehi Tehrani, Segmentation of Suspicious Clustered Microcalcification in Digital Mammography using Fuzzy Logic on Wavelete Coefficients, Conference Proceedings of International Conference on Medicon&Heath Telematics, July 31-August 5 . 2004, Ischia, Naples - Italy.
7) J. Nasehi Tehrani, Mohammad Firoozabadi, Detection of the best position for placing electrodes of surface Electromyography fractal, 2004, ICBME, Iran.
8) J. Nasehi-Tehrani, N. Riyahi, A. Ahmadian, Computer Aided Segmentation of Suspicious Clustered Microcalcifications in Digital Mammography: Using Fuzzy Logic on Wavelet Coefficients, 6th International Workshop on Digital Mammography, IWDM 2002, June 22-25, 2002 Bremen-Germany.
9) J. Nasehi Tehrani, Nader Riyahi-Alam, Alireza Ahmadian, Masumeh Guiti, Segmentation of Suspicious Clustered Microcalcification in Digital Mammography using Fuzzy Logic on Wavelete Coefficients, Conference Proceedings of International Conference on Biomedical Engineering, 5-8 June, 2002, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.