- Distributed and cooperative communications
- Cognitive radios
- Channel coding: Turbo coding, space time coding, LDPC
- Wireless sensor networks, Ad Hoc networks, relay networks
- Multiuser communications: CDMA, OFDM
- Low complexity iterative receiver design
- WUN (World University Network) development grant, £10,000, in collaboration with other three WUN partners.
- Y. Li, University of Sydney International Development Grant, $10,000, 2010.
- The University of Sydney International Visiting Fellowship, $8,000, together with Dr. Soon Xin Ng
- V. Agelidis, B. Vucetic and Y. Li, “An intelligent integrated energy communication system”, ARC Linkage Project, $960,000 ($660,000 from ARC, $300,000 from Energy Australia), 2009-2013.
- Y. Li, "Efficient Distributed Coding in Wireless Networks", ARC Discovery Project, $200,000, 2009-2012.
- CSIRO OCE PhD Scholarship, "Cognitive Radio Techniques in Multi-hop Wireless Broadband Services", $75,000, 2009-2012.
- The University of Sydney International Visiting Fellowship, $20,000.
- Y. Li, "Design of Efficient and Practical Distributed Signal Processing for Wireless Sensor Networks", The University of Sydney research grant, $30,000
- B. Vucetic, Y. Li, and M. Dohler "Dynamic Spectrum Access in Multi-hop Wireless Broadband Networks", ARC Discovery Project, $ 953,000, 2008-2013.
- B. Vucetic, V. Oklobdzija, Y. Li, etc., “Development of 4G Wireless Communication Systems and Wireless Sensor Networks”, ARC LIEF Grant, $ 200,000, 2006.
- Dynamic spectrum access for wireless multi-hop cognitive radio networks
- Cooperative communications for future wireless networks
- Distributed network channel coding for wireless sensor networks
- Interference Cancellation in Co-working WLANs
- Iterative channel estimation for high mobility MIMO-OFDM systems
- Game theory based transmission strategies for cognitive radio