Sydney Leadership Scholarships
Support our Future Engineering Leaders
The University of Sydney has launched a new Engineering Leadership Scholarship
program aimed at developing future engineering leaders. These are the most
valuable engineering undergraduate scholarships offered in Australia in terms of
financial support and leadership development. They provide talented students
with unique development and educational experiences. These include:
- An annual structured professional experience placement within your
- Leadership insights, including working with the Warren Centre’s Chair in
Engineering Innovation, and the John Grill Centre for Project Leadership
- Direct access to a business mentor
- Online networking forums and regular networking functions, where they can
meet with alumni, government and industry leaders.
As an Engineering Leadership Scholarship program partner, you will have a talented student placed with your organisation, where they will learn the skills to thrive in a business environment. You will be able to track your student’s progress and tailor their experiences for each placement, ensuring they can take advantage of the unique opportunities your organisation provides.
Your scholarship recipient will be placed with you for:
- 6 weeks at the end of first year
- 8 weeks at the end of second year
- 10 weeks at the end of third year
- 10 weeks at the end of fourth year (combined/double degree students only).
Scholarship recipients are also exposed to the latest research and technical
advances on campus, and may choose their thesis topic to relate to your industry
or area of interest. Using your facilities, engineering supervision or technical
materials helps them deepen their real-world knowledge.
As well as participating in the educational experience of your student, you will
have the opportunity to meet other talented students, academics, alumni and
industry peers at regular events and forums.
Become a program partner today
Support our future engineering leaders.
Contact Keiran Passmore on
T 02 9351 5768
*this would also be a pre-requisite for meeting the requirements for certain units of study.