David Dagan Feng
ME SJTU MSc PhD UCLA, FACS, FATSE, FHKIE, FIEEE, FIET
Director, Biomedical & Multimedia Information Technology Research Group
Director (Research), Institute of Biomedical Engineering & Technology
Head, School of Information Technologies
SIT Building J12, Room 339
(Cnr Cleveland St and City Rd)
P: +61 2 9351 2103/3423
F: +61 2 9351 3838
E: dagan dot feng AT sydney DOT edu DOT au
Biomedical and Multimedia Information Technology, Biological and Medical Systems Modeling and Quantification, Molecular Imaging, Multimedia Data Processing and Management.
The following list is a selection from over 300 recent publications.
- D. Feng, D. Ho, K. Chen, L. Wu, J. Wang, R. Liu & S. Yeh, "An Evaluation of the Algorithms for Constructing Local Cerebral Metabolic Rates of Glucose Tomographical Maps Using Positron Emission Tomography Dynamic Data", IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol 14, No 4, pp697-710, 1995.
- D. Feng, X. Li & S. C. Huang, "A New Double Modeling Approach for Dynamic Cardiac PET Studies Using Noise and Spillover Contaminated LV Measurements", IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 43, No. 3, pp. 319-27, 1996.
- D. Feng, S. C. Huang, Z. Wang & D. Ho, "An Unbiased Parametric Imaging Algorithm for Non-uniformly Sampled Biomedical System Parameter Estimation", IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 512-18, 1996.
- D. Feng, X. Li & W. C. Siu, "Optimal Sampling Schedule Design for Positron Emission Tomography Data Acquisition", (Invited paper), Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 5, No. 12, pp. 1759-1766, 1997.
- D. Feng, K.P Wong, C.M. Wu & W.C. Siu, "A Technique for Extracting Physiological Parameters and the Required Input Function Simultaneously from PET Image Measurements: Theory and Simulation Study", IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 243-254, Dec. 1997.
- D. Feng, "Information Technology Applications In Biomedical Functional Imaging", IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, Vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 221-230, 1999.
- D. Feng, "Content-Based Retrieval of Multimedia Information", International Journal of Image and Graphics, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp83-91, Jan 2001.
- D. Feng, W. Cai and R. Fulton, "Dynamic Image Data Compression in Spatial and Temporal Domains: Clinical Issues and Assessment", IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine. Vol. 6, No. 4, pp262-268, 2002.
- D. Feng, W.C. Siu & H.J. Zhang, Editors: "Multimedia Information Retrieval and Management - Technological Fundamentals and Applications", (476 pages) Springer-Verlag, Germany, January 2003. The Translated Chinese version was published by Springer-Verlag, Tsinghua Press, 2009.
- D. Feng, Editor: “Biomedical Information Technology”, (552 pages) Elsevier, ACADEMIC PRESS, USA, 2008. The Translated Chinese version was published by Elsevier Science Press, 2011.
Units of study taught
Introduction to Computer Systems, Introductory Programming, Digital Logic Design, Machine Principles, Data Structures, Algorithms, Theory of Computation, Modelling and Simulation, Visualization of Scientific and Medical Computing, Biomedical Instrumentation & Measurement, Information Engineering in Modern Biomedicine, Biomedical Function Imaging, Advanced Computer Algorithms, Multimedia Development and Applications, Multimedia Data Management: Storage, Indexing, Retrievalst.