SIT Building J12, Room 3W-307
(Cnr Cleveland St and City Rd)
P: +61 2 9351 4502
F: +61 2 9351 3838
E: judy dot kay AT sydney DOT edu DOT au
Human-computer interaction, surface computing, personalisation, advanced technology for education.
The following list is a selection from recent publications.
- Kay J, and B Kummerfeld. Creating personalised systems that people can scrutinise and control: drivers, principles and experience. ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems (TiiS), 2012.
- Pizzato L A., J Akehurst, C Silvestrini, I Koprinska, K Yacef, and J Kay. The effect of suspicious profiles on people recommenders. In J Masthoff and B Mobasher, editors, 20th International Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization (UMAP 2012), 2012
- Gluga G, J Kay, R Lister, S Kleitman, and T Lever. Over-confidence and confusion in using Bloom for programming fundamentals assessment. In Proceedings of the 43rd ACM technical symposium on Computer Science Education, SIGCSE '12, p 147-152, 2012.
- Biswas G, S Bull, J Kay, and A Mitrovic:. Artificial Intelligence in Education – Proceedings of the 15th International Conference, AIED 2011. Springer, 2011
- Clayphan A, C. Ackad, A Collins, B Kummerfeld, and J Kay. Firestorm: A brainstorming application for collaborative group work at tabletops. In Y. Kitamura and D. Wigdor, editors, Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces 2011 Conference (ITS), p 162-17, 2011.
- Maldonado R M, K Yacef, J Kay, and A Collins. Who did what? who said that? Collaid: an environment for capturing traces of collaborative learning at the tabletop. In Y Kitamura and D Wigdor, editors, Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces 2011 Conference (ITS), p 172-181, 2011.
- Martinez R, K Yacef, J Kay, A Kharrufa, and A Al-Qaraghuli. Analysing frequent sequential patterns of collaborative learning activity around an interactive tabletop. In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Educational Data Mining, EDM2011, p 111-120, 2011. Winner of Best Student Paper Award.
- Niu, W T and J Kay, PERSONAF: Framework for personalised ontological reasoning in pervasive computing. User modeling and User-Adapted Interaction: the Journal of Personalization Research, 2010. 20(1): p 1–40.
- Vincent Aleven, Judy Kay, Jack Mostow: Intelligent Tutoring Systems, Proceedings of the 10th International Conference, ITS 2010, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, June 14-18, 2010, Proceedings, Springer 2010
- Perera D, J Kay, K Yacef, I Koprinska, and O Zaiane, Clustering and sequential pattern mining of online collaborative learning data. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 2009. 21(6): p 759–-772.
- Kay J, Pervasive personalised lifelong learning and remembering, with user model foundations. IEEE Trans on Learning Technologies, 1(4): 215-228, 2008.
- Assad M, D J Carmichael, J Kay, and B Kummerfeld, PersonisAD: Distributed, active, scrutable model framework for context-aware services, In Proceedings of Pervasive 2007, 5th International Conference on Pervasive Computing, volume 4480 of LNCS. 2007. Springer, p 55–72.
- Apted T, J Kay, and A Quigley, Tabletop sharing of digital photographs for the elderly, In CHI’06: Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. 2006, ACM Press (New York, NY, USA), Montreal, Quebec, Canada. p 781–790.
Units of Study Taught
Programming Fundamentals, Pervasive Computing, Human-Computer Interaction, Software Engineering, Software Development Project.