BSc Hons I PhD Sydney
SIT Building J12, Room 3W-310
(Cnr Cleveland St and City Rd)
P: +61 2 9351 4777
F: +61 2 9351 3838
E: bob dot kummerfeld AT sydney DOT edu DOT au
User modelling, Pervasive Computing
The following list is a selection from recent publications.
- Kay, J and B Kummerfeld, Creating personalised systems that people can scrutinise and control: drivers, principles and experience. ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems (TiiS), in press 2012
- Assad,M,D J Carmichael,J Kay,and B Kummerfeld,PersonisAD:Distributed,active,scrutable model framework for context-aware services, In Proceedings of PERVASIVE 07, 5th International Conference on Pervasive Computing, volume 4480 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 2007. Springer, p 55–72.
- Carmichael, D J, J Kay, and R J Kummerfeld, Consistent modelling of users, devices and sensors in a ubiquitous computing environment. User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction, 2005. 15(3-4): p 197–234.
- Hitchens, M, J Kay, R J Kummerfeld, and A Brar, Secure identity management for pseudoanonymous service access, In Proceedings of SPC 2005, 2nd International Conference on Security in Pervasive Computing, D Hutter, Editor, volume 3450 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 2005. Springer-Verlag (Berlin, Heidelberg), p 48–55.
- Kay, J, B Kummerfeld, and P Lauder, Managing private user models and shared personas, In Online Proceedings of the UM (User Modeling) 2003 Workshop on User Modeling for Ubiquitous Computing, K Cheverst, N de Carolis, and A Kruger, Editors. 2003, p 1–11.
- Kay, J, B Kummerfeld, and P Lauder, Personis: a server for user models, In Proceedings of AH 2002, 2nd International Conference on Adaptive Hypermedia and Adaptive Web-Based Systems, P D Bra, P Brusilovsky, and R Conejo, Editors, volume 2347 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 2002. Springer-Verlag (Berlin, Heidelberg), p 203–212.
- Fernando, A D Williams, A Fekete, and B Kummerfeld, Dynamic network service installation in an active network. Computer Networks, 2001. 36(1): p 35–48.
- Kay,J and R J Kummerfeld,User models for customized hypertext. 1997, Advances in hypertext for the World Wide Web, Springer Verlag.
- Kay, J and R J Kummerfeld, An individualised course for the c programming language, In Second World Wide Web Conference ’94. 1994. Elsevier,
- Lauder, P, R Kummerfeld, and A Fekete, Hierarchical network routing, In TRICOMM’91, Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Communications for Distributed Applications and Systems. 1991, p 105–114.
Units of Study Taught
Introduction to Information Security, Sotware Construction, Internet Protocols