School of IT Tutoring positions for Semester 2 2016
The School of IT is seeking tutors for Semester 2 undergraduate and postgraduate units of study.
If you wish to apply for tutoring work, please complete and submit this application form no later than Friday 3rd June 2016. After this deadline, all applications will be forwarded to the unit of study coordinators for selection. Successful applicants will be notified by Katie Yang via email together with the tutoring contract(s) before Monday 18th July 2016.
Please note: All new tutors are required to attend a Faculty Tutor Training scheduled on Thursday 21st July for three hours.
If you have any supporting documents such as CV or transcripts from another university, please combine them into one PDF file and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the following naming convention: firstname.surname_CV, eg jenny.smith_CV.
Also please note that tutoring opportunities are dependent on enrollment numbers and funding and therefore may be withdrawn without notice, and that submitting an application does not constitute an offer of employment.
Labs for undergraduate IT students are located on Level 1 West of the School of IT building (labs 114 to 118, map), levels 1 and 2 of the Engineering Link Building (122/222 South, 222 North, map) and level 2 of the Madsen Building (211/226, map). These labs are open between 9am-9pm Monday to Friday during semester (except when being used for teaching) and are not open on weekends or public holidays.
Postgraduate coursework students have 24-hour swipe card access to the computers in the open area outside the undergraduate labs located on Level 1 West of the School of IT building.
All students have 24-hour swipe card access to the PNR Learning Hub.
There are several other learning hubs on campus - see Find a computer - city campuses for more information.
For IT support please visit Student IT or call the ICT Helpdesk on 9351 6000 or by email email@example.com.
- Junior Programmer - Data Processing and Support and Junior System Developer - RASSURE (Sydney). Posted 10 May 2016.
- Software Engineer (End User Developer) / Electrical Engineer (Embedded Peripheral Engineer) - Sonder Design. Closing Date: 30 June 2016.
- R&D Internship - Pacific Knowledge Systems (PKS). Closing date: 15 June 2016.
- R&D Internship - Automic Registry Services (Automic). Closing date: 15 June 2016.
Events and competitions
- Fintern Fever 2 - speed networking event for accessing part-time roles and paid internships in the Fintech space - 2 June, 1-5pm, Stone & Chalk: Level 2, 50 Bridge St, Sydney.
- Big Data and Geosciences seminar series - Seminars on campus in May and June.
- Convergence Challenge - Australia-wide student technology programme and competition. Submissions close 17 June 2016.
- Unearthed PhaseX Mine Design Challenge - compete to create the best algorithm for optimising open pit mining phases. Closes 30 September 2016.