The following are the policies for enrolment in postgraduate coursework in the School of IT.
These policies are used in conjunction with Graduate School of Engineering and IT and University policies and procedures.
Changing units of study
Dates to change units of study »
Variations to your enrolment must be approved by the Postgraduate Coursework Director in the School of IT. Students must complete a Variation of Enrolment form then arrange an appointment with Dr Uwe Roehm to discuss the changes they are proposing to make to their course of study; please contact the Postgraduate Coursework Administration Officer to book an appointment. If approved, the Variation of Enrolment form will be forwarded to the Graduate School of Engineering and IT for processing. Confirmation of your variation to enrolment will be emailed to your MyUni email address, typically within 10 working days. If it is not, please contact the Student Centre to confirm that they have the correct details recorded for you.
Students are reminded that if they were working with a group of students it is essential to inform them and the group’s tutor or supervisor that they are leaving the unit of study.
There are three levels of postgraduate coursework award courses in the Information Technology articulated programs: Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters by coursework.
Master Diploma Certificate
If you are looking to change from the Master to the Diploma course, or from the Diploma to the Certificate course, you will need to do the following:
- Download and print the Request to Transfer Coursework Candidature application form.
- Complete and attach an enrolment history or copy of transcript to this form and take all documentation to the Postgraduate Coursework Director in the School of IT. The Postgraduate Coursework Director will discuss the changes you are proposing to make to your course of study. If approved, the Request to Transfer Candidature form will be forwarded to the GSEIT for processing.
Certificate Diploma Master
If you are looking to change from the Certificate to the Diploma course, or from the Diploma to the Master course, you will need to do the following:
- Complete a new application for the course you now want to undertake. Please check that you satisfy the admission requirements for the course you are looking to change to before submitting your new application.
- Submit your application to the GSEIT Office.
- Your application will be assessed and you will be notified by post of the outcome.
Students looking to withdraw from, or discontinue, their course of study must submit a completed Request to Suspend/Discontinue Candidature form. In the first instance, you must submit your completed form to the Postgraduate Coursework Director in the School of Information Technologies for assessment before forwarding to the GSEIT for processing. The GSEIT will notify you, via post, of the status of your application.