The Google Publication Prize 2012
Google Australia is offering up to 5 prizes worth $3,000 each, for the best research paper that has been accepted for publication during the period from 1 January 2012 to the closing date for applications, 30 November 2012.
To be eligible, students must be enrolled in a PhD within the School of Information Technologies in 2012, and be nominated for the award by their supervisor.
All nominees for the prize are required to submit the following (using the Application form):
- The accepted paper and the notification of acceptance
- All referee reports (not including supervisor)
- A resume
- A statement as to why the paper should be considered for the award
- A statement from the supervisor declaring that the paper is of high quality, and that is completed by the PhD student during this year; and
- A completed nomination form from the supervisor
All nominations will be considered by an academic panel selected by the Head of School. The panel’s decision will be final.
The prizes will be awarded at the School’s annual prize-giving ceremony in May 2013.