2014-2015 Summer Scholarships
Applications for 2014-2015 School of IT Summer Scholarships are now open!
These scholarships are designed primarily for undergraduate students who are interested in a future research degree/career.
The scholarships are valued at $5,500 for 12 weeks (tax exempt), and some of the scholarships attract additional benefits.
To be eligible for a Summer Scholarship you must:
- be a high achieving 3rd year undergraduate student with a competitive WAM. (high performing 2nd/4th year or master by coursework students may be considered);
- be currently enrolled in a full-time program at the University of Sydney;
- have successfully completed at least one year of your course prior to the commencement of the Summer Scholarship;
- submit an application form.
- Both local and international students are eligible.
- Some projects may have specific selection criteria, see the project descriptions for more details.
- Choose a project (or projects).
- Complete the application form.
- In addition to the form, please provide a brief resume (no more than two pages) which outlines your research activities and skills, and how they match the requirements of the projects you are applying for;
- Include a statement on your career aspirations, particularly your research interest (no more than one page);
- Email your complete application (form, resume, statement and transcript (if applicable)) to .
Each application will be considered by a Selection Committee formed by the Research Director of the School of IT. Applications will be assessed on three criteria: academic merit, interest in undertaking research activities, and intended career plan.
Results are sent by email. Successful candidates will be asked to make an appointment with the Admin Officer (Evelyn Riegler: Tel 9351 4918 at SIT Level 2), to sign an offer letter and submit their banking details.
- Survey Instrument Validation (4 week project)
- Analysis of High-Dimensional Drug Interactions
- Analysis of Linked Patient Data Records
- Developing of BI Tool (4 week project)
- Tradeoffs in snapshot-based concurrency control
- Scalable Visual Analytics of Big Data
- Cross modality information retrieval
- Design of Online Decision Aid in Healthcare (12 week project)
- Detection of lymphoedema: applying the thresholds