Postgraduate research programs and entry requirements
Students undertake supervised research leading to the writing of a thesis. There are two research degree programs for the students to undertake.
Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
Candidates for MPhil engage in research in some branch of Computer Science or Information System either full-time for not less than one year or part-time for not less than two years. Upgrade to a PhD: candidates deemed to have achieved outstanding performance may be recommended for an upgrade to PhD.
MPhil entry requirements:
- Has at least a high credit average (i.e. 70%) in honours equivalent to Australian qualification with a research component.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
PhD candidates engage in research in some branch of Computer Science or Information System either full-time for not less than three year or part-time for not less than six years.
PhD entry requirements:
- Has at least a distinction average in honours or Master’s degree equivalent to Australian qualification (i.e. 75%).
- Has reasonable performance at the undergraduate level (70%).
- Evidence of research ability through some research projects, preferably related to your proposed PhD area.
- Evidence of research outputs such as reasonable publications, products or patents.
- Relevant professional experience.
Note: First two requirements must be met, the others are optional.
Entry to research degrees is highly competitive.