School of Electrical & Information Engineering
Link Building J03
University of Sydney
Phone: +61 2 9351 8730
Fax: +61 2 9351 3847
I am a postgraduate research student currently undertaking a PhD in the Web Engineering Group of the School of Electrical and Information Engineering at the University of Sydney.
My main research interest is in improving the quality of learning outcomes using technology. More specifically, my research focuses on developing an ePortfolio system - called dotFOLIO - that supports life-long learning.
Reslog is a bibliography related to my research in an RSS format.
Subscribe to Reslog RSS
- Nicholas L. Carroll, Rafael A. Calvo, Lina Markauskaite. "E-Portfolios for Developing Transferable Skills in a Freshman Engineering Course". In Special Issue on Open-Source Software, IEEE Transactions on Education, November 2007.
- Rafael A. Calvo, Robert A. Ellis, Nicholas Carroll, Lina Markauskaite "eLearning software development processes with the student experience of learning", In Angela Brew & Judyth Sachs (Eds). The Transformed University: The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Practice. Sydney University Press, 2007.
- Nicholas L. Carroll and Lina Markauskaite. "E-Portfolios and Blogs: Online Tools for Giving Young Engineers a Voice". Seventh International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training (ITHET 2006), July 2006. IEEE Computer Society.
- J. J. Garcia Adeva, Nicholas L. Carroll, and Rafael A. Calvo. "Applying Plagiarism Detection to Engineering Education". Seventh International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training (ITHET 2006), July 2006. IEEE Computer Society.
- Nicholas L. Carroll and Rafael A. Calvo. "Certified Assessment Artifacts for ePortfolios". Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Technology and Applications (ICITA 2005), July 2005, IEEE Computer Society.
- Nicholas L. Carroll and Rafael A. Calvo. "Integrating Web Applications and Web Services". Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE 2005), July 2005.
- Nicholas L. Carroll, Rafael A. Calvo. "Querying Data from Distributed Heterogeneous Database Systems through Web Services". In Proceedings of The Tenth Australian World Wide Web Conference (AUSWEB 2004), July 2004.
- EBUS5003: E-Commerce Systems (Tutor)
- EBUS5001: E-Commerce Application Programming (Tutor)
- EBUS3002: E-Commerce Web Programming (Tutor)
- EBUS3001: Introduction to E-Commerce Systems (Lecturer/Tutor)