Glosser is a system that supports collaborative writing, particularly for students writing academic essays.
Glosser supports the writing by 1) scaffolding their reflection with trigger questions, and 2) using text mining techniques to provide content clues that can help answer those questions.
Contributors: RA Calvo, S. O'Rourke, B. Paltridge, P. Reimann, J. Villalon
- Watch the Glosser video sneak peak. Video by Dorian Peters and Rafael A. Calvo
- Australian Research Council awards a grant for developing the future of Glosser: "Comprehensive support for collaborative writing: Visualising argument, text and process structures". P. Reimann, R.A. Calvo, K, Yacef - 2009-2011.
- Glosser has been integrated to Google Docs.
- In collaboration with the University of Cambridge, Glosser has been integrated to Sakai (July 2008)
- Jorge introduces Glosser to the research community at ICALT 2008.
- J. Villalon and R. A. Calvo, "Concept Map Mining: A definition and a framework for its evaluation", 2008, Proceedings of the IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology WI-IAT 2008.
- J. Villalón, P. Kearney, R.A. Calvo, P. Reimann. “Glosser: Enhanced Feedback for Student Writing Tasks”. The 8th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies. July 1-5, 2008. Santander, Spain.