Preparation for Enrolment
We recommend you research which units of study (subjects) you must select before you start the formal online enrolment process.
- Read the majors and selecting units of study for engineering, project management and information technology courses and use CUSP to obtain a list of the units of study. Save or print that list and have it with you when you start the online enrolment process.
- Find out about assumed knowledge for your course and whether you need to complete a bridging course.
- Enrol online
- Come along to one of our academic advice sessions during January or February if you need further help with understanding your degree requirements and with making your unit of study choices. Session information can be found below.
- Attend Undergraduate Orientation on the 24 February 2016. further details are below.
Academic Advice Session
These sessions are your opportunity to ask our academic staff questions about your unit of study selections and degree requirements.
You will also discover more about studying at the University of Sydney, meet some current students, and see what services exist to help you through your studies at the University of Sydney.
|UG (UAC and direct entry) Academic Advice Session||Friday 5 February 2016||
10.00 am – 10.30 am
10:30 am – 12 pm
Peter Nicol Russell (PNR) Lecture Theatre 2 – General Introductory Talk
Peter Nicol Russell (PNR) Learning Studio 310– One-on-one academic advice
UG (UAC and direct entry) Academic Advice Session
Tuesday 23 February 2016
1 pm – 1.30 pm
1:30 pm – 3 pm
Peter Nicol Russell (PNR) Lecture Theatre 1 - General Introductory Talk
We strongly encourage all of our commencing undergraduate students to attend the Faculty’s Undergraduate Orientation event. At this event you will be welcomed to the Faculty, hear from our academic staff on how to successfully prepare for your studies and discover what University services are available to assist you during your course. You will also get the opportunity to meet some of our current students, who will be there to assist you with transitioning to university life. A free BBQ lunch will be provided with all the various Faculty student societies present, where you can sign up and start to get involved.
The day will conclude with you attending a welcome talk from the relevant School within the Faculty you are enrolling with, i.e. School of Civil Engineering.
Please use this link to register to attend to help us plan catering.
Date: Wednesday 24 February 2016
Time: Start 9:30am. The day will conclude at 4 pm
Location: York Theatre, Seymour Centre, the University of Sydney
See the full engineering/IT orientation schedule/program.
University map: http://sydney.edu.au/maps/campuses/?area=CAMDAR
If you require more information or enrolment assistance you can contact us on:
T: 1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864) (In Australia) or
T: + 61 2 8627 1444 (Outside Australia)
- for enquiries related to new or current applications
- for enquiries about enrolment and other self-service process advice and functional questions
- to follow up requests on HECS and domestic fees, your student card, graduations, timetables, examinations
- to reset your password or UniKey login through the IT help desk
We're available between 9am and 5pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time, Monday to Friday.
Or contact us using our online form.