Dr Ehssan Sakhaee
B.E Computer, PhD Telecommunications Engineering Sydney
Lecturer, Project Management Program
Complex Systems Research Group
School of Civil Engineering
J05 - J05 Civil Engineering Building
The University of Sydney
|Telephone||+61 2 9114 0674|
|Fax||+61 2 9351 8642|
Complex Civil Systems
Dr. Ehssan Sakhaee completed a B.E in Computer and PhD in Telecommunications Engineering at the University of Sydney. Upon completing his doctorate, he joined the Graduate School of Information Science and Technology at Osaka University in Japan as a Postdoc and later Assistant Professor. There, he engaged in academic research and teaching while co-organising various programs and workshops for mentoring and supporting international students at the university and developing and enhancing university learning and teaching. He is a recipient of various awards including the 2010 IEEE Kansai Gold Award of Japan.
Dr Ehssan Sakhaee's research looks at the human factors that affect motivation, engagement and productivity in individuals, teams and organisations. Focusing on both self-leadership and the leading of others, he investigates how our personal and relational wellbeing can be enhanced through the implementation of basic interventions in our personal and working lives.
"I'm interested in the psychological, social and cultural factors that facilitate increased motivation, engagement, creativity, productivity and wellbeing in individuals, teams and organisations. I'm also interested in leadership - including leading the self, leading others and leading change - and in the phenomenon of influence in human networks. To what degree are people affected by each other, and to what degree do they affect each other? How can this be measured from an individual as well as from the system or network perspective?
"I'm passionate about this area of research because it's about improving people's quality of life. It's about enhancing societal wellbeing from the level of the individual to the group to the organisation. It's about bringing out the best in individuals and in teams - about helping people to live more satisfying, meaningful lives and to function at their maximum potential.
"This understanding can also be applied to organisations. How can senior management more effectively inspire and motivate their employees?
"It can also be applied to academic settings - an area I am particularly passionate about. How can we, as academics, increase the engagement of students so that they perform at their peak but retain high levels of wellbeing and don't become stressed or exhausted? How can we provide the right kind of environment for students to flourish, be creative and do great things?"
- E. Sakhaee, N. Wakamiya, M. Murata, "An Energy-efficient Self-organizing Global Extremity Reporting Scheme for Sensor Networks," in Wiley Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Oct. 2008.
- E. Sakhaee, A. Jamalipour "Stable Clustering and Communications in Pseudo-Linear Highly Mobile Ad Hoc Networks" in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (IEEE TVT), Nov. 2008.
- T. Taleb, E. Sakhaee, A. Jamalipour, K. Hashimoto, N. Kato and Y. Nemoto, "A Stable Routing Protocol to Support ITS Services in VANET Networks," in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (IEEE TVT), Nov. 2007.
- E. Sakhaee and A. Jamalipour, "The Global In-Flight Internet," published in the IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (IEEE JSAC), Special Issue on Mobile Routers and Network Mobility, Sep. 2006.
- E. Sakhaee, K. Tanaka "Cross-Cultural Motivation: A study between Australian and Japanese high school students and their motivation at school", 10th International Society for Quality of Life Studies (ISQOLS) Conference, Bangkok, Thailand, Dec. 2010.
- E. Sakhaee, K. Leibnitz, N. Wakamiya, and M. Murata, "Layered Attractor Selection for Clustering and Data Gathering in Wireless Sensor Networks," in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications & Networking Conference (WCNC 2010), Sydney, Australia, Apr. 2010.
- E. Sakhaee, N. Wakamiya, and M. Murata, "A Transmission Range Reduction Scheme for Reducing Power Consumption in Clustered Wireless Sensor Networks," in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM 2009), Honolulu, USA, Nov/Dec. 2009.
- E. Sakhaee, N. Wakamiya, and M. Murata, "Self-Organized Data-Energy-Aware Clustering and Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks" in Proceedings of the 7th IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing, Symposium on Embedded and Pervasive Systems (EPS-09), Vancouver, Canada, Aug. 2009.
- E. Sakhaee, N. Wakamiya, and M. Murata, "Self-Adaptability and Organization for Pervasive Computing and Sensor Network Environments using a Biologically-inspired Approach" in Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Sensor Network (MASS-08), Sydney, Australia, Dec. 2008
- E. Sakhaee, K. Leibnitz, N. Wakamiya, and M. Murata, "Self-Adaptive and Mobility-Aware Path Selection in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks" in Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Technologies for Ambient Information Society (TAIS'08), Hyogo, Japan, Nov., 2008.
- E. Sakhaee, N. Wakamiya, and M. Murata, "A Self-organizing Concurrent Global Information Dissemination Scheme for Sensor Networks" in the Proceedings of the International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC 2008), Crete Island, Greece, Aug. 2008.
- E. Sakhaee and A. Jamalipour, "A New Stable Clustering Scheme for Pseudo-Linear Highly Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM 2007), Washington DC, USA, Nov. 2007.
- E. Sakhaee, T. Taleb, A. Jamalipour, N. Kato, and Y. Nemoto, "A Novel Scheme to Reduce Control Overhead and Increase Link Duration in Highly Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC 2007), Hong Kong, Mar. 2007.
- E. Sakhaee, A. Jamalipour, and N. Kato, "Multipath Doppler Routing with QoS support in Pseudo-linear Highly Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications 2006 (ICC 2006), Istanbul, Turkey, Jun. 2006.
- E. Sakhaee, A. Jamalipour, and N. Kato, "Aeronautical Ad Hoc Networks," in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications & Networking Conference (WCNC 2006), Las Vegas, NV, USA, Apr. 2006.
- E. Sakhaee and A. Jamalipour, "Aerouter(TM) - A Graphical Simulation Tool for Routing in Aeronautical Systems," in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications & Networking Conference (WCNC 2005), New Orleans, USA, Mar. 2005.