An Environmental Humanities and Social Science Network.
Born as an Environmental Humanities and Social Science Network, we have become much more. At the Sydney Environment Institute, we:
- identify matters of critical environmental concern, and engage them – through creative, collaborative projects
- build flourishing working communities – among academics, policymakers, cultural institutions, practicing artists, students, NGOs, and committed citizens
- cross disciplinary boundaries – to ask new questions, develop new methods, and generate new forms of knowledge and awareness among the arts, the humanities, and the natural, social, and technological sciences
- support and mentor – ambitious, imaginative endeavours by students, scholars, and practitioners, within the university and beyond
- communicate our work, and invite conversations – with the publics we serve in Sydney, across Australia, throughout the Indo-Pacific, and across the globe