Bringing together the Environmental Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences in Australia
Wednesday 23 - Friday 25 November 2016
Holme Building, Science Road, University of Sydney
The Sixth Biennial Conference of the Association for the Study of Literature, Environment & Culture, Australia & New Zealand (ASLEC) in collaboration with the Sydney Environment Institute (SEI).
This conference will explore interdisciplinary work within the Environmental Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences in Australia on the Anthropocene theme of global and local environmental changes and impacts.
- Joni Adamson, Arizona State University
- Elizabeth DeLoughrey , UCLA
- Deborah Bird Rose, University of New South Wales
- Alice Te Punga Somerville , Macquarie University
- Petra Tschakert – University of Western Australia
- Richard Kerridge, Nature writer & literary ecocritic (UK)
- John Wolseley, Visual Artist
- James Bradley, Novelist & Critic
EOI’S FOR ECR WORKSHOP
Expressions of Interest are requested from Early Career Researchers in any field in the Environmental Humanities, the Arts or Social Science for a 90 minute workshop in which research problems in the Environmental Arts and Humanities can be raised in discussion with experienced researchers.
Selected Papers will be published in the peer-reviewed journal AJE –Australasian Journal of Ecocriticism and Cultural Ecology.
Enquiries please contact: Marie McKenzie firstname.lastname@example.org
CALL FOR PAPERS PDF
Image: Mandy Martin CMAG 4_09_02