Published 20 July 2017
The University of Sydney Law School invites early career researchers with a PhD (in any discipline) to apply for a Postdoctoral fellowship.
The University of Sydney Law School Postdoctoral Fellowship aims to attract an outstanding early career researcher to the University of Sydney to contribute to and enhance the research strengths and culture of the university and the Law School, and to build capacity and collaborative links with the University of Sydney multidisciplinary initiatives.
The University of Sydney is home to a number of multidisciplinary initiatives which bring together talented researchers across diverse disciplines to advance teaching and research objectives in a collaborative environment. These initiatives create thought leadership, delivering research excellence and education opportunities in established and developing areas of strength, across our faculties. The successful candidate will be affiliated with The University of Sydney Law School and one of the multidisciplinary initiatives with which the Sydney Law School has existing collaborative links.
Candidates will need an academic sponsor from the Sydney Law School working in a closely aligned field, who will support their application. Eligible multidisciplinary initiatives include:
- Charles Perkins Centre
- China Studies Centre
- Southeast Asia Studies Centre
- Sydney Environment Institute
- Centre for Translational Data Science
- Brain and Mind Centre
Further information on the strategic objectives of the multidisciplinary initiatives is available in the candidate pack.
Essential selection Criteria
- A PhD (in any discipline) awarded (i.e. passed by examiners) prior to the commencement of the fellowship, and in any event no earlier than 1 January 2012 and no later than 1 January 2018;
- An LLB or JD
- A proven track record for innovative and high-quality research
- The ability to work collaboratively in a cross disciplinary environment
- The ability to teach into our LLB/JD teaching program
- A proposed research project
- Applications open 18 July 2017
- Closing date: 11:30 pm, 10 September 2017 (Sydney time)
- Law selection committee initial shortlist by 29 September 2017
- Endorsement of candidates by Multidisciplinary Research Centre directors by 13 October 2017
- Law selection committee along with academic board nominee reconvenes to do final short listing on 18 October 2017
- Top ranked candidates required for interview in law school week commencing 30 October 2017
- Successful candidate to commence at The University of Sydney Law School by February 2018
For more information on the position and on how to apply, click here.