Management of research data : Presentation to Library staff
On October 9 2008, Ross Coleman, Julie Price and I delivered presentations to staff regarding various site visits in North America and the UK.
Data management is not an area in which the Library has traditionally been involved, so in my presentation I sought to provide introductory information about issues and service development. The presentation addressed the following areas.
- Why manage research data?
- What is needed to manage research data?
- Who manages research data?
- What services do researchers want?
- What does this have to do with libraries?
- National, state & local initiatives