University of Sydney ORCA Reference Group
The University of Sydney ORCA Reference Group determines local priorities, undertakes ORCA activities that meet local needs, participates in collaborative activities across ORCA partner institutions and informs discussion within the broader ORCA project team.
Focusing on the needs of University of Sydney stakeholders (eresearchers, data specialists and collection managers) the group
- Organises online and face-to-face discussion forums to assist communication among stakeholders within the University.
- Assists in facilitation of communication among stakeholders across ORCA partner institutions.
- Identifies University of Sydney training needs to inform allocation of funds from the APSR ORCA training budget.
- Identifies and registers University of Sydney research collections with the ORCA Collections Registry.
- Identifies and documents the skills and expertise of University of Sydney staff and Faculty who work in partnership with eresearchers in a consultative capacity.
The makeup of the ORCA Reference Group is reflective of the stakeholder groups identified by the APSR ORCA project.
- eResearch technologists (data scientists and domain-specific informatics specialists).
- Collection managers
Prospective members are identified through consultations with University of Sydney Library Directors and University of Sydney Faculty. The group is convened by Rowan Brownlee, University of Sydney ORCA representative.
Group meetings are periodically held on a needs basis and centre on discussion of an agreed set of priorities and activities which fall within the group's terms of reference. In between meetings, the convener updates members through notification of additions to the University of Sydney ORCA website, brief email bulletins and individual contacts.