The University of Sydney is committed to maintaining a sustainable environment across all our campuses, where we can deliver world-class teaching, learning and research while minimising our ecological footprint.
The Engineering and Sustainability team, part of the Campus Infrastructure and Services (CIS) division, is currently working on strategies and initiatives to:
- improve energy and water efficiency of campus buildings by implementing effective monitoring systems, installing more efficient infrastructure and reducing demand
- reduce carbon emissions from the University’s building operations and transport fleet
- promote cost-effective and more sustainable energy supply
- improve resource recovery and recycling rates, and minimise waste disposal
- engage the University community on sustainability issues to influence behaviour
- incorporate practical sustainability measures in the design of new buildings and infrastructure
- facilitate more active transport options for our staff and students and promote policies to encourage public transport.
For more information about the University’s sustainability goals and initiatives, please contact email@example.com.