What can you do?
- Try cycling or walking to University a few days a week. (If you need to wear a suit during the day and don’t want to cycle in it then plan ahead and catch the bus in on Monday so that you can carry extra clothes to last you the week).
- If you already walk or cycle, encourage a colleague that lives near you to join you.
- If you have video conferencing facilities available to you try cancelling your next business flight and suggest the meeting is conducted via a video conferencing call.
- If you live further than riding distance from the University try taking public transport to University.
- If you have to drive, try setting up a carpooling network amongst people in your building, or join an online carpool group
- Participate in the next University supported walk or ride to work day this year.