What you can do
- If you see a leaking tap or toilet please report it to the Service Desk immediately. A dripping tap can waste more than 2,000 litres a month. That's 24,000 litres a year - more than an average household uses in one month .
- Encourage colleagues to wait until they have a full load in the dishwasher before using it. This saves water and energy, and reduces the amount of detergent entering the sewer system. Also be sure to use the rinse-hold setting on the dishwasher, if it has one, rather than rinsing dishes under the tap first.
- Put up a Water Saving Poster in your office kitchen or bathroom
- Rinsing your dishes in a plugged sink or bowl rather than under a running tap saves water and is just as easy and effective.
- Keep a jug next to the sink and collect water when you're waiting for the hot or cold to come through - use the water on plants in the office.
Sydney Water – Accessed at: http://www.sydneywater.com.au/SavingWater/