Identify a need
The P2P process begins when a Requestor decides that goods or a service is needed to complete a work task or goal of the University.
Prior to the purchase of goods and services there there must be sufficient justification to demonstrate that there is a need for the goods and services to be provided and that funding is available.
A Requestor is expected to make informed purchasing decisions in line with the University’s procurement policies.
Who is responsible?
Before you begin you must know
- The name of the desired product
- Quantity required
- Time frame for sourcing the product and delivery
- Where the product is to be delivered to
- Is the item hazardous? Consider the entire lifecycle from purchase to disposal. If the answer is yes you should liaise with your local safety officer
- Does my faculty have any additional requirement that I need to address?
- Once the Requestor has decided what is needed the Requestor must get permission from the RC or PC owner to purchase with their funds.
- Determine exactly which RC/PC to charge the cost to.
- Obtain quotes and scheduled delivery date from suppliers.
- How many quotes are needed? See the Procurement Policy guidelines in the Financial Accounting Manual (FAM).
- Which supplier should I engage? The University's Preferred Suppliers should be the first port of call.
All necessary purchasing details i.e. supplier, product (catalogue number if relevant) delivery date, and quotes have been obtained.
“Create a PeopleSoft Requisition”