A Requestor is authorised by the “Delegation of Authority” as approved by the Senate to incur expenditure within the limits of the relevant approved budget or other approved source of funds. A Requestor must be set up in PeopleSoft as a consumer of goods/services.
A Requestor can also be third party appointed by the delegate to assist in the performance of the purchasing function.
The following defaults can be set up in PeopleSoft Financials for each requestor:-
- Responsibility Centre
- Project Code
- Analysis Code
- Ship to Location
- Check that the purchase complies with the University’s Purchasing Policy.
- Check that the correct documentations have been attached to the requisitions.
- Electronically approve requisitions in PeopleSoft Financials up to the limit of his/her delegation of authority
A Paper Approver is a delegate authorised by the “Delegation of Authority” as approved by the Senate to incur expenditure of more than $10,000 and within the limits of the relevant approved budget or other approved source of funds, but is not set up as an Electronic Approver. A Paper Approver authorises by signing the paper requisitions.
An Admin Officer Purchasing (AOP) is assigned the responsibility to purchase goods or services and to enter these purchases directly into PeopleSoft on behalf of the requestors. If approved by the Head of School, the AOP can also undertake the role of a Requestor for goods/services within the limits authorised by the delegate.
An AOP has the following responsibilities:-
- Raise requisitions in PeopleSoft Financials and attach all relevant documentation to the requisitions.
- Ensure all purchases comply with the University’s Purchasing and Tendering Policy, including:-
o Verifying that all purchase requests are authorised with appropriate delegations.
o Obtain all necessary supporting documents such as quotations, purchase specifications, fund sourcing,
assignment of GL Account codes etc.
- Perform receipting function in PeopleSoft Financials when goods and services have been delivered. This includes the recording of asset information like asset tag, serial numbers, custodian and asset location.
A Receipting Agent performs receipting function in PeopleSoft Financials when goods and services are delivered or advice is received of receipt of goods/services (by others). This includes the recording of asset information like asset tag, serial numbers, custodian and asset location.
For better internal control or efficiency reasons, the school can exercise their discretion to appoint a separate staff as a Receipting Agent to perform the receipting function in PeopleSoft Financials.
- Check that all non-eCatelogue requisitions comply with the University’s Purchasing Policy.
- Check that correct documentations have been attached to the requisitions.
- Electronically certify non-eCatelogue requisitions.
Accounts Payable play an important role in the P2P process by creating a “Separation of Duty” which ensures that more than one person is involved in the P2P solution.
A suppliers invoice will not be paid until both:-
1. A receipt is confirmed by a Receipt Agent or Requestor, and
2. Accounts Payable enter the vendor's invoice number into the voucher.