Create a PeopleSoft Requisition
When the Requestor has determined all the purchasing details, i.e. supplier of the goods and services and the RC/PC codes etc; then they can “Create a Requisition” in PeopleSoft; or alternatively, pass the details to their local AOP to enter into PeopleSoft.
Who is responsible?
- Create a Requisition: Requestor or Admin Officer Purchasing (AOP)
- Approval of Requisition:Person with Delegation of Authority
Before you begin you must have/know
- A verbal or written request for the items to be requisitioned from the Requestor
- Supplier name – (NB. one supplier per Requisition)
- Product details (include catalogue numbers if applicable)
- Correct pricing and shipping details
- RC/PC codes to be charged
- Supplier quotes if over $10,000; or Quote waiver
- Approval from a Delegate of Authority if required
- If the supplier is not a regular supplier, then check the system to if the supplier exists in the database. If not then fill in the Vendor Create form and send to Accounts Payable.
Actions Required to "Create a Requisition” in PeopleSoft
Before a Requisition is raised in the P2P System, check your Hyperion income andexpenditure report to ensure that there are sufficient funds in, or expected to be in, the RC and PC to cover the purchase. If there is any doubt contact your Finance Manager.
If the AOP is requested to purchase on behalf of a Requestor then they must review all the information given by the Requestor, and then only if satisfied it is correct should they “Create a Requisition”.
|1.||Log on to PeopleSoft eProcurement and nominate the Requestor
|2.||Either "Go Shopping" in an eCatalogue supplier's web store using an electronic cart; or for all other suppliers enter the details of desired products into the Requisition|
- Attach any supporting documentation, e.g. Quotes, End User Declaration, these documents can be emailed to the supplier if required.
- Insert any special handling requirements or delivery instructions for the supplier
- Change the default chartfields and delivery address
|4.||The Requisition is now ready to be financially approved. There are now two possible courses to take:-|
- If the person who “Creates a Requisition” can approve the requisition and it is within their delegation then click “Save and Submit”. The requisition has now been saved. The procedure will go to the next stage. See Step 5.
- If the person who “Creates a Requisition” does not have the delegation to approve then click “Save and Preview”. The Requisition has been saved, but cannot progress until it has been approved.
- Get approval from the correct Delegate of Authority. Depending on the school and dollar value, this can be an electronic approval or be a paper approval (hard copy). All requisitions can be printed and signed by the Delegate, and electronically attached to the Requisition. Click “Save and Submit” and the Requisition will go to the next stage.
5. Marketplace Approval - the final step:-
Approved Requisition is now ready to be sourced into a University Purchase Order
"Dispatch PO to the supplier"