Themes in early modern mathematics and medicine
8 November 2013
Kevin Lee Room, Level 6,
(enter via MacLaurin Hall Stairway)
- 9.30 Charles Wolfe (Ghent): 'Early modern medical empiricism' (60 mins paper & discussion inclusive)
- 10.30 Alan Salter (Sydney): 'Richard Lower's model heart. The diagram as object of inquiry in early modern anatomy'
- 11.30 Coffee
- 12.00 Anik Waldow (Sydney): 'Experience and its explanatory role'
- 1.00 Lunch (provided) in Main Quad N293
- 2.30 Peter Anstey (Sydney): 'Mathematical principles as models'
- 3.30 Laura Kotevska (Sydney): 'Geometry at Port-Royal: some remarks on Arnauld’s Nouveaux éléments de géométrie' (45 mins paper & discussion)
- 4.15 Roundtable discussion
- 5.00 Wind up
Space is limited. To register contact Professor Peter Anstey by 6 November.