Australian Visas

To apply or obtain details of an appropriate visa based on the purpose of your stay in Australia, please contact the nearest Australian Embassy or Consulate or visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) website.

Alternatively, you may consult the “Visa Pathways for Visiting Academics” document that has been provided by the DIBP to guide academic visitors to apply for the appropriate visa.

Greater than three months
If you intend to visit Australia on a temporary basis for longer than three months to participate in established research projects at the invitation of the University of Sydney, the University’s Human Resources team will assist with visa process once the faculty has initiated the appointment process for the visit. Please click here for guidance

Useful links