How much does your course cost?

Most postgraduate coursework programs are ‘full-fee paying courses’. You can pay your fees up front for the units you study or if eligible, defer payments through the federal government’s FEE-HELP loan scheme so that you pay later through the taxation system.

As well, there are a limited number of Commonwealth supported places (CSP) for some postgraduate coursework programs. This means the government contributes towards the cost of your study and you pay a ‘student contribution amount’. You have the choice whether to pay this up front or if eligible, defer it through the government’s HECS-HELP loan scheme.

If you do not get a Commonwealth-supported place, you are a full fee paying student.

If you are a Commonwealth-supported student, the exact student contribution you pay will depend on the specific units of study in which you enrol.

Look up your course in the Find a course database. The course costs are outlined in the ‘Essentials’ panel on the right. These fees represent the amount you need to pay in the calendar year you commence your course, starting in Semester One (March) for a standard annual full-time load of 48 credit points (1.0 EFTSL). If your study load is more or less than 1.0 EFTSL your fee will differ.

For more information on Commonwealth-supported places, FEE-HELP and HECS-HELP, visit Study Assist website.

Student services and amenities fees

Most domestic postgraduate students are liable for the Student Services and Amenities (SSA) fee at the University of Sydney. Find out more about SSA.

Additional incidental fees

For some courses there are incidental fees additional to the student contribution and/or course fee. Some of those fees are significant, for example, faculty-specific materials, tools, protected clothing and equipment.

Scholarships & Prizes

The Scholarships Office offers a limited number of University-wide postgraduate coursework scholarships, as well as other generous scholarships at the faculty level.

For example, many of the Sydney Business School scholarships are enhanced by links with sponsorship partners in the business, alumni and wider University communities. Make sure to check with your faculty below about scholarship opportunities.

Faculty or school Contact and Email Telephone
Agriculture and Environment Robyn Turner +61 2 8627 1003 
Architecture, Design and Planning Peter Murlis +61 2 9351 3248 
Arts and Social Sciences  Kristian Adamson +61 2 9351 6676 
Business School  Lisa Mauritz +61 2 9351 6717 
Faculty of Dentistry  Denise Fischer +61 2 9351 8300 
Education and Social Work  Rosina Gallace +61 2 9351 7043 
Engineering Tracey Love +61 2 9351 8155 
Health Sciences  Executive Support Officer +61 2 9351 9481 
Sydney Law School  Jessica Sullivan +61 2 9351 0467 
Faculty of Pharmacy  Miranda Handke +61 2 9036 7243 
Sydney Nursing School  Emilia Pirri-Depares +61 2 9351 0627 
Sydney Medical School Jane Root +61 2 9114 1201 
Science Science Scholarships +61 2 9351 3587 
Sydney College of the Arts  Marah Weston +61 2 9351 1106 
Sydney Conservatorium of Music Cedric Poon +61 2 9351 1239 
Veterinary Science Lee Mashman +61 2 9351 2441

Exchange scholarship information

There are various exchange or travel scholarships available to students at The University of Sydney, depending on how, why and where you are travelling. For more information, visit the Student Exchange website.

Further questions?

Visit the Scholarships and Financial Support Service’s Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about Postgraduate Coursework Scholarships.

Potential for inaccuracy

While every reasonable effort has been made to include correct and up-to-date information, you are also advised to consult directly with the Student Centre so they can provide you with specific and up-to-date information about fees.