We have a large number of scholarships available for research students. These include:
- APA/UPA: recurring University-wide research scholarships for local students which are usually offered twice a year.
- Medical scholarships: recurring scholarships usually offered at least once each year. Closing dates vary.
- Current research scholarships: one-off scholarships often linked to specific research projects or awards funded by external organisations. Access the Research Scholarships Database and subscribe to the Weekly Research Scholarships Email Bulletin.
- Specific research awards: scholarships offered in specific faculties, departments or disciplines.
- Grants-in-Aid: funding for short period of research overseas.
- Postgraduate Research Support Scheme: funding for currently enrolled students.
- Overseas scholarships: University of Sydney Travelling Scholarships, Fulbright Scholarships, Rhodes Scholars, and more.
Applying for admission into a research degree
Application for a postgraduate research degree is separate to applying for a research scholarship. Find out how to apply for a postgraduate research degree at the University of Sydney.
The Research Training Scheme (RTS) provides eligible Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students with an entitlement to be exempt from paying a student contribution. For further information, visit the Research Training Scheme site.
For information please refer to Scholarships for International Students.