Male student in garden setting

If you would like to transfer to another course, either at the University of Sydney or at another institution, you can apply to do so after you complete one full-time year of tertiary study.

This form of admission is very competitive and while transferring requirements vary between faculties, you will generally be assessed on the basis of the university results you obtain in your first year of study, or a combination of those results and your ATAR, depending on which gives you a greater chance of admission. As such, there is no standard set of requirements to transfer – it is a competitive process through UAC almost identical to that experienced by Year 12 students in first attempting to gain entry into university.

You may also need to submit additional information in cases where courses have additional entry requirements.

How do I transfer?

The transfer process is administered via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) alike the process most domestic undergraduate students go through to enter university for the first time. Students simply place their preferred course as their top preference (and any other selections in order of preference thereafter) by the stated UAC closing dates. Offers are then released according to dates set by UAC – see the UAC website for further information.

Can I transfer into any degree?

The only courses that you cannot transfer into are the Combined Medicine courses.

Further information

If you have any questions or require further information regarding the transferring process, please contact:

Admissions Office
Level 4, Jane Foss Russell Building (G02)
The University of Sydney
NSW 2006
T 1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864) (in Australia) or +61 2 8627 1444 (outside Australia)
Alternatively, you can ask a question online.