What is the E12 scheme about?
Our Early Offer Year 12 (E12) scheme makes your path to uni easier, even before the HSC exams start.
If you apply successfully, we will hold a place at the University of Sydney for you. As long as you meet some conditions, such as the E12 ATAR cut-offs (which are lower than standard ATARs) and the HSC subject requirements for your preferred course, you’ll have a definite place when results come out.
The scheme has some other great benefits too. You will also receive a $5000 scholarship, an Apple iPad and lots of support to help you get started at uni.
There are 68 courses you can apply for through E12, giving you lots of options. They include business, engineering, health sciences, nursing, arts, law, agriculture, education, design computing, architecture and the creative arts.
Applications for 2017 intake via E12 are now open.
Who is eligible to apply for entry through the E12 scheme?
E12 is for domestic NSW students currently undertaking the HSC or IB who are from a financially disadvantaged background and/or are attending a government identified 'low socioeconomic' high school, see E12 eligibility criteria.
E12 eases the financial pressure of studying, through a first-year scholarship, and gives you plenty of enrolment, orientation and other support throughout the first year.
Successful E12 applicants will receive:
- an early conditional offer of a place, before final HSC exams start
a formal UAC offer in the early January offer round (if their ATAR meets the E12 cut-offs)
- a $5000 first-year scholarship
- support through the transition from school to the University, including a guided enrolment process, orientation, mentoring and further assistance
- an Apple iPad to assist them in their studies
- a University of Sydney Union Access card that gives discounts on and off the campus with major retailers, and access to more than 200 clubs and societies.
- additional accommodation scholarships available to successful E12 students
Some faculties offer additional scholarships to E12 recipients beyond their first year at university.
Students may also have access to paid internships with business and corporate partners as part of their degree, giving them an invaluable start on their career path.
Do you have questions?
If you would like to talk to someone about the E12 scheme please call our Helpline on 1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864) or email via online enquiry.
E12 is funded by The University of Sydney and by donations made to the University of Sydney including by Bank of China and the USA Foundation.