You could have an early conditional offer to study at the University of Sydney before you’ve even started your HSC exams? Now you can, with the University of Sydney’s Early Offer Year 12 scheme (E12).
An early conditional offer means that you will have a place reserved just for you at the University of Sydney. And as long as you meet the special ATAR cut-offs and subject bands for your preferred course, your place will be confirmed with an official offer in the first week of January. You will also receive a $5000 scholarship, an Apple iPad and lots of support to help you get started at university.
Getting off to a good start
The E12 doesn’t just help you get into uni. It also ensures you get off to a good start once you’re here.
The benefits of the E12 scheme include:
- an early conditional offer to the University of Sydney before final HSC exams start
- specific ATAR cut-offs for successful candidates and a UAC offer in the early January round
- a $5000 first-year scholarship
- support through the transition from school to university, including a guided enrolment process, orientation, mentoring and additional assistance
- an Apple iPad to help you in your studies
- and a University of Sydney Union Access card that gives discounts on and off the campus with major retailers, and access to over 200 clubs and societies.
Information for applicants starting in Semester One 2013
E12 orientation event on 18 February
We are looking forward to see you at our E12 orientation event. On this day you can speak to our advisers about any questions you have, and you will be able to collect your iPad and Access Card.
What to bring
To collect your iPad and Access card, you will need to bring the Fee Payment Status and the UniKey pages from your enrolment form as well as some photo identification, such as a Driver Licence OR your University of Sydney student card (if you have received one).
How and when you can collect your iPad
You can collect your iPad from Campus IT anytime during O-Week from Monday 18 February until Friday 22 February. You have a choice of either an iPad or an iPad mini. To save time, you can pre-order your iPad at www.campusit.com.au/siu
You can collect your iPad at Campus IT during the following hours:
- Monday 18 February from 8.309.45am (surnames A-K) and 23pm (surnames L-Z); or
- Monday 19 to Friday 22 February from 9.30am to 5.30pm; or
- if you cannot collect your iPad during O-Week, you can collect it during business hours at Campus IT from Monday 25 February.
Campus IT store location
Shop 3, Sports & Aquatic Centre (G09), see ref L/M9 on campus map
The store is located on the Sydney University's Darlington Campus under the University Sports & Aquatic Centre, between the Co-op Bookshop and University Copy Centre.
To get your Access Card you will need to have your photo taken and it will take around five minutes to produce the card.
Access Cards collection times and venue
Monday 18 February
8.30–9.45am and 2–3pm
Isabel Fiedler Room
Level 2, Manning House (A23), see ref G4 on campus map
If you are unable to collect your Access Card on 18 February you can collect it during O-Week from the Access Desk, level 1, Manning House. Please bring your student card.