Applications for 2016 intake via E12 are now closed
Thank you for supporting the E12 scheme. Successful applicants will be notified of their conditional offer prior to the commencement of HSC exams.
We know an ATAR score may not always reflect your ability to do well at university or your interest or skills in a particular area. E12 is your chance to show us what makes you unique.
The E12 application form is your opportunity to tell us more about yourself and what motivates you. To get started, think about these points:
- We want to understand your passion for the course you’re applying for. Tell us why this subject inspires you.
- We want to hear about your commitment and enthusiasm to study at the University of Sydney.
- Tell us about any of your extracurricular activities during or after school that show you can lead a project or group, set goals, find solutions, and think creatively.
- Make sure you download our application guide hints and tips before you start.
For more hints and tips and information on the application process, visit our how to apply page.
How does E12 work?
- After you’ve checked that you meet the eligibility criteria, talk to your principal about whether they are prepared to recommend you for E12.
- You can then apply, by filling out the E12 application form online. A selection panel will review your application and you may be asked to attend an interview for some courses.
- If your application is successful, you will receive an early conditional offer. As long as you meet the E12 ATAR cut-offs in your HSC exams and relevant subject bands, you will receive a formal offer through UAC for the course you have chosen, in the early January offer round.
- You need to be ready to enrol at the University of Sydney for Semester One, 2015. It is not possible to retain the E12 scholarship if you decide to defer.
A message to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
E12 is an entry pathway to study at the University of Sydney and fulfil your educational aspirations and goals. Another option is our Cadigal Alternative Entry Program.
If you are interested in E12, talk to your Aboriginal Education or Liaison Officer and school principal about applying.
We believe that your community involvement and activities outside of school tell us just as much about you as your exam results, so please share this in your E12 application.
Communicating with your school
During the E12 application process, we will ask you to give your consent to allow us to contact your school principal or other relevant staff.
This is because we may need to speak to them to discuss or confirm details in your application. We also need to let them know if your application has been successful.
Please note that if you do not give this consent, we will not be able to process your application.
E12 is funded by donations to the University of Sydney and the Commonwealth Government Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Program.