Information for teachers
Applications for 2015 intake via E12 are now closed
We invite you to assist your principal to nominate 20 students who are eligible for E12, who show potential to succeed, and would thrive on the opportunities offered by a University of Sydney education.
In choosing who to recommend, we ask you to consider students who show personal motivation both inside and outside of the classroom, are committed to their studies, play an active part in the life of their community, are taking the required HSC subjects for their preferred uni course, and who have a good chance of meeting the HSC subject bands and E12 ATAR cut-offs. Please note: E12 cannot be combined with any other Sydney special entry scheme.
We also encourage you to consider Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who are interested in one of our courses available through E12.
We have created resources to assist students to complete the application form with step-by-step instructions on preparing answers and creating a resume. These resources can be used as a lesson or in conjunction with other careers activities for Year 12 students.
To be eligible to apply:
- students need to be currently undertaking the Higher School Certificate (HSC) at a New South Wales high school and
- be studying the required HSC subjects for the E12 course you want to enter and
- have the support of their school principal.
- For more hints and tips and information on the application process, visit our how to apply page.
In addition, they need to be either:
- studying at a high school that has been identified by the government as ‘low socioeconomic’. You can download the E12 Identified Schools List 2014 (PDF 136KB) and/or
- experiencing financial hardship at the time they apply for E12. If so, they will also need to complete a UAC Educational Access Scheme (EAS) application. Find out more about the UAC Educational Access Scheme (EAS).
Please note that:
- E12 is for domestic NSW undergraduate students only, International students or interstate students are not eligible to apply.
- E12 cannot be combined with any other University of Sydney access scheme.
For more information, read our eligibility criteria.
Information about the E12 eligible schools list
These schools are identified by the state and federal governments as disadvantaged schools, not by the University of Sydney or UAC. The programs include the National Partnership (low SES communities), NSW Priority Schools, and the NSW Country Area Program. You can download the E12 Identified Schools List 2014 (PDF 136KB).
Meet our E12 students
Meet some of our previous E12 students as they talk about their journey to uni and how E12 has helped them achieve their goals.
Meet our E12 students
Do you have questions?
If you would like to talk to someone about E12, please call our Contact Centre on 1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864) or email via online enquiry.