Financial support

Loan schemes for international students

The International Student Office has a dedicated International Loans Schemes Officer who can help you find and apply for education loans to fund your study. For more information, email:

If you are from Canada, Sweden, Norway, the United Kingdom or the United States, you can apply for education loans from government departments in your home country.

The University of Sydney also accepts students who are eligible for a range of US Veteran Affairs Benefit Programs.

If you are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, you may be eligible for US Financial Aid through the US Department of Education’s Direct Loan Program or apply for a private education loan.

For specific information on all the loan schemes mentioned above, refer to Education loans for international students.