How to apply - international undergraduate students
The following pages explain all you need to know about applying for an undergraduate course.
If you’d prefer specific advice on your situation, we’re happy to help in person.
Either ask a question online, or speak to a University of Sydney representative in your country.
Checklist: are you ready to apply
- Do you have an acceptable senior secondary or tertiary qualification?
- Did you achieve the necessary grades to get into your preferred course?
- Can you prove your English language proficiency?
- Do you meet any special entry requirements (some courses have extra criteria)?
Please remember, at this stage we cannot guarantee you a place in your preferred course. Even if you meet all the entry requirements, the offer of a place ultimately depends on the number of places available in the course during the year you apply.
If you do not meet the entry requirements for your preferred course, you may be eligible to apply for a university preparation course, such as:
Submitting an application – step by step
As an undergraduate student, there are several steps to the application process, which you will read about in more detail on the following pages.
- Identify the course you want to apply for, and its closing date for applications.
- Find out where to send your application (online, through UAC or via an agent).
- Provide all the relevant documentation.
- Pay the application processing fee ($100).
- Receive a confirmation email.
- If you are successful, the University will send you a ‘firm’ or ‘conditional’ offer.
- Accept your offer.
- Enrol with your faculty and choose your units of study.