Where to send your application

Applying online, through UAC or via an agent

When you apply for a course at the University of Sydney, you need to make sure you submit your application to the right place. Some international students need to apply through the Australian Universities Admissions Centre (UAC). Others should apply online through Find a course. You may also be able to apply through an agent in your home country.

Use the following checklist to decide where to send your application.

Are you currently studying any of these qualifications?

  • an Australian Year 12 qualification (such as the NSW HSC, VCE, SA Matriculation) either in Australian or another country during the current year
  • the New Zealand Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) Level 3 in New Zealand during the current year.

If your answer is yes to any of the above, then you need to apply through the Australian Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).

If you are NOT currently studying any of the above qualifications, then you should apply directly to the University of Sydney. This includes international students who are studying or have completed:

  • senior secondary (high school) qualifications in another country
  • TAFE studies in Australia, or a foundation course such as the Sydney Foundation Program
  • tertiary (university) qualifications in Australia or overseas.

If you are studying towards the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, you can apply directly to the University of Sydney, or through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).

Applying to the University of Sydney

You can make a direct application to the University of Sydney by using our online application system.

  • To apply online, select your degree using Find a Course, then click on APPLY NOW.

When you apply, you will need to upload all the necessary documents, including original or certified copies of academic transcripts, English language test results and any other supporting documents.

Please note, some courses also require a supplementary application form to be completed and submitted along with the standard application. Please visit the International Student Office's Form page for more information.

Important note for applicants: As most of the correspondence issued by the University of Sydney is sent via email, we strongly recommend you add the University of Sydney to your approved sender list. Also, you should regularly check your junk mail folder just in case University emails have been misdirected there.

Applying through a University of Sydney representative (agent)

You can also apply for a course through a University of Sydney representative in Australia or another country. Note that some agents charge a fee for their services.

An agent may be helpful if you want advice on choosing a course, relocating and living in Australia, or if you need help to complete documentation required by the University of Sydney or the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

The University has an international network of representatives/agents. Find your nearest one.