How to accept your Firm Offer (from UAC)

You can accept your offer from the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) online. To do this, complete the following steps:

1. Obtain your University of Sydney student identification number (SID)

At the first step in the web acceptance process you will need to know your student identification number (SID) and UniKey login name and password. This will give you access to the University's online student services and your student email. Access your SID here.

If you are unable to obtain your SID through this weblink, you can apply for it at International Services.

2. Accept your offer

When you have obtained your SID, you can accept your offer online through the Sydney Student online administration service.

If you wish to defer your offer, you can also do this through Sydney Student.

3. Pay your deposit

When you accept your offer, you must also arrange for payment of the deposit amount listed in your Course Offer Summary. Your place in your course is not confirmed until payment has been received.

Note that some courses are subject to limited places so you need to accept your offer early to confirm your place.

For detailed information about fees, health insurance, loan schemes for international students, and methods of payment, see Costs and fees.

Refund policy

If you have accepted a UAC offer but are successful in gaining another offer through UAC in a later round, you will be eligible for a 100 percent refund on the deposit fee you have already paid.

This does not apply if you applied directly to the University of Sydney, in which case you will be subject to the standard University of Sydney Refund Policy.

Important information for Australian permanent residents

Your current offer is valid for admission to the University of Sydney as an international student. If you are granted Australian permanent residency, you must advise the International Services Office immediately by completing a Change of Visa to Permanent Resident Status form, and providing a copy of the personal details page and the visa from your passport.

If you are granted Australian Permanent Residence status before you commence your course, you will need to be reassessed for admission to a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP).

Eligibility for admission to a CSP depends on whether the standard of results you achieved in your previous academic qualifications are equivalent to that required by a domestic student to obtain a CSP (for the same course and semester). It also depends on whether a CSP is available in your selected course.

If you are not eligible for a CSP in your applied course, your offer may be revoked. If you still wish to enrol at the University, you will need to apply for admission to a course for which you do meet the CSP entry requirements.

If you are granted Australian Permanent Resident status after commencing your course, according to the Higher Education Support Act 2003, you may be transferred to a domestic full-fee-paying place.