To be considered for the Study Abroad or Student Exchange programs you need to:
- be an undergraduate or postgraduate international student
- have completed at least one year of study towards a degree at a recognised institution in your home country and are continuing towards the degree at your home institution
- have achieved a 'Credit' or 'Good' average, or a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale, or an average grade of 'C' or better on the European ECTS grading scale (or equivalent).
- have a letter of nomination from their home institution if you are applying for Student Exchange
You are NOT eligible for the Study Abroad and Student Exchange programs if:
- you are interested in studying for a full undergraduate or graduate degree at the University of Sydney
- or you are:
- an Australian citizen (even if you hold dual citizenship)
- a permanent resident of Australia
- a New Zealand citizen (study abroad only).
If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident living overseas and you would like to study abroad at the University of Sydney you should apply for admission as a local non-award student