Costs and fees
Fees include charges for tuition, compulsory subscriptions and Overseas Student Health Cover. There are additional fees for Sydney Conservatorium of Music and Art Workshop students. For some units of study there may be additional charges for field trips, lab units and lecture notes.
The 2012/13 base rate for Study Abroad students is AUS $11,640 per semester. This means you can study full-time for one semester by enrolling in units that add up to between 18 and 30 credit points.
Student Exchange is a fee-waiver program so tuition fees do not apply.
The Australian government requires all international students and their families to pay for their own health insurance in Australia through the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) scheme. You may choose to purchase OSHC through the University of Sydney or you can arrange your own OSHC independently through an approved provider. Only the following students are exempt from paying the Australian Overseas Students Health Cover:
- Swedish students covered by CSN International (the Swedish National Board of Student Aid) or Kammarkollegiet (the Swedish Legal, Financial and Administration Agency)
- Norwegian students covered by the National Norwegian Insurance Scheme
- New Zealand students who come to Australia on a non-student visa. These students have entitlements under the Reciprocal Health Care Agreement between Australia and New Zealand.
- Belgian students covered by the Belgian Government Insurance Scheme
Find out more about OSHC through the university
Some courses have additional fees for material, equipment or trips. For example:
- Art Workshop: materials will range approximately from A$65 to A$140.
- Visual Arts: There may be expensive equipment needs in some courses.
- Health Sciences and Veterinary Science: you may need to purchase clinical uniforms and instruments. For some units of study there may be additional charges for field trips, lab units and lecture notes.
This is not an exhaustive list and you should contact the faculty to find out more.