Study Abroad Internships
The Study Abroad Internship Program gives you the opportunity to reinforce your academic study with relevant industry experience. As an intern you will complete:
- 120 hours of industry placement
- 8 hours of professional development workshops
- 4 Blackboard discussions
- 4 reflective journals (400 words each)
- 1 final project report (2500 words).
The Study Abroad Internship is worth 6 credit points.
Study abroad internships are allocated on a competitive basis. To be considered for this program you need to:
- satisfy the academic and English proficiency requirements for admissions into the Study Abroad Program;
- achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale or 'B' or better on the ECTS grading scale;
- have completed at least 1.5 years of university study;
- sit an interview after your arrival in Sydney.
Note: Every effort will be made to offer internships to all eligible students however we cannot guarantee your placement.
Internships offered include the following areas:
If your area of interest is not listed above, contact the Internship Program Coordinator by emailing to discuss alternative options.
Shape your future career
As a study abroad intern you will have the chance to:
- develop familiarity with the Australian workplace culture;
- apply your learning in real workplace situations;
- enhance your interpersonal, communication and cross-cultural skills
- gain a competitive advantage in the graduate employment market by developing global connections in your chosen profession.
The 2015 study abroad tuition fee base rate is $12,000 Australian dollars per semester. There are no additional fees for the internship program.
How to apply
If you are ready to apply for the Study Abroad Internship, simply your resume (CV) and a cover letter.
For best results, apply before:
- 19 January for semester starting 2 March 2015
- 22 June for semester starting 27 July