Sydney Abroad Internships (ARTS2600)
Sydney Abroad Internships (ARTS2600) is a unit of study that includes a 120 hour internship and a rigorous calendar of academic components. The unit is open exclusively to students studying at the University of Sydney on the Study Abroad Program.
As a Sydney Abroad Intern you will have the chance to develop familiarity with the Australian workplace culture while applying your academic learning in real workplace situations. You will also enhance your communication, cross-cultural and interpersonal skills and gain a competitive advantage in the graduate employment market by developing global connections in your chosen profession.
ARTS2600 is worth 6 credit points (standard weighting for a unit at the University of Sydney). The unit includes a rigorous academic calendar spread over the course of the semester. The assessments contribute to a final grade that will appear on your University of Sydney transcript. Each unit involves:
- 120 hours of industry placement
- 8 hours of professional development workshops
- 4 Blackboard discussions (200 words each)
- 4 reflective journals (400 words each)
- 1 final project report (2500 words)
The professional development workshops are delivered by University of Sydney specifically for those enrolled in the unit. These workshops are designed to assist you in leveraging your internship experience to maximise your learning on the job.
For more information on the academic components of ARTS2600 and ARTS2601 contact .
Applicants are placed with one of our high quality host partners on a best-fit basis. Placement is competitive and based on key performance indicators such as GPA, applicability of academic studies to the placement and intended goals and interests of the applicant and host. The placement process is co-ordinated by the internship team. Though every effort is made to place all eligible applicants, placement is competitive and not guaranteed.
Our regular Host Partners offer placements in the following roles and industries:
- Accounting, Economics and Finance
- Advertising, Marketing and Sales
- Architecture and Urban Planning
- Business and Management
- Education and Tutoring
- Engineering and Information Technology
- Events, Public Relations and Social Media
- Government and Policy
- Media and Communications
- Retail and Fashion
- Science and Research
Placements in alternative roles and industries may be available on a semester to semester basis. Please send enquires to the internship team by emailing .
To be considered for Sydney Abroad Internships you need to:
- Be an applicant of the Study Abroad Program
- Satisfy all requirements of the Study Abroad Program
- Achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or 'B' or better on the ECTS grading scale
- Have completed at least 1.5 years of university study
Note: Though every effort is made to place all eligible applicants, placement is competitive and not guaranteed.
The 2015 study abroad tuition fee base rate is $12,000 Australian dollars per semester. There are no additional fees for the internship unit.
How to Apply
Apply by emailing your resume (CV) and a cover letter. You will then be contacted with further information.
For best results express interest before:
- 22 June for semester starting 27 July
- Late January for semester starting March 2016