Graduate Studies Office - CLOSED
The Graduate Studies Office has closed.
Please contact the HDR Administration Centre for assistance.
The Graduate Studies Office website will be temporarily maintained, however all enquiries about enrolment, APRs, examination should be directed to the HDR Administration Centre.
The office is responsible for:
- coordination of strategic development of Research Training (RT) policy and practice with faculties and the DVC (Education)
- provision of advice to DVC (Education) and Academic Board on national and international issues that impact on policy within the University
- provision of advice to Academic Board in its role of monitoring and improvement of postgraduate coursework programs, RT and Higher Degree by Research (HDR) programs
- provision of advice and support to faculties on the development of improved administration procedures and the implementation of postgraduate policies
- provision of information to faculties including postgraduate student’s perceptions of the research training experience and consideration as to how this data can be utilised to improve postgraduate programs
- monitoring of faculty level processes and ensuring consistency of practice University wide
- provision of a network of support for HDR Administrators
- implementation of a University wide Research Training Strategy for PhD candidature management (including income support recommendations), and implementation of the recommendations of the PhD Review
- responsibility for guidelines for the management of graduate matters including maintenance of the Supervisor Register.
The GSO reports to DVC (Education).