POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR RESEARCH TRAINING AND SUPERVISION
There are many policy documents, guidelines and procedures at the University of Sydney that potentially relate to postgraduate students. The following policies are particularly pertinent to postgraduate research students and it is recommended that you are familair with these:
- The University of Sydney (Higher Degree by Research) Rule 2011
- Supervision of Higher Degree by Research Students Policy 2013
- Essential Resources for Postgraduate Research Students Policy 2012
- Progress Review of Higher Degree by Research Students Guidelines 2014
- For Supervisor Register information, policies and application procedures click here.
The complete list of relevant policies have been divided into two broad categories for ease of navigation. They can be found here:
GRADUATE STUDIES HANDBOOK
The Graduate Studies Handbook is designed to to provide a convenient source of reference for both research and coursework postgraduate students about the requirements for postgraduate degrees, graduate diplomas and graduate certificates within the University. You will find details of the University organisation and administration, useful contact details, information on coursework and research programs and intellectual property, authorship and copyright as well as other topics.
It also highlights formal documents which you need to be familiar with. View the Graduate Studies Handbook here.