Student facilities, services and resources
- The University of Sydney provides an extensive range of services to assist students in achieving their educational goals.
- For more information about the services provided by the University of Sydney, including counselling, disability services and financial assistance, please visit the Services for Students website.
- For more information about the facilities (for example: health services and sport) available at the University of Sydney, including health services and sport, please visit the Student Life website.
- For more information about the range of Student Organisations, including the Sydney University Postgraduate Representative Association, please visit the student organisations website.
- For more information about Learning Support Centres, please visit the Learning Centre website and the Mathematics Learning Centre.
- If you are tutoring during your candidature, and you want to learn more about teaching, information on sessional teaching is available here
MyUni - the student portal
MyUni provides access to a number of applications, such as email, timetabling, library loans and WebCT.
Online self-administration functions and UniKey account management can be accessed from the MyUni student portal.
All currently enrolled students can access the MyUni student portal using their UniKey.
The Careers Centre assists postgraduate students to explore employment options and provides advice on career management issues. Advice is available on a variety of broad issues including job search techniques, resume writing, resume checks and Resume Rescue, interview skills, how to find course-related work while studying, and career management planning for various degrees.
The Careers Centre maintains a job vacancies database which includes casual, part-time, full-time internships, vacation work and graduate jobs (immediate vacancies and graduate programs) opportunities. Currently enrolled postgraduate students can access the database online through the Careers Centre website. Students can sign up for Job Alert emails to receive up-to-date information on advertised positions, workshops, Careers Fairs and employer visits.
For more information about the services offered and the location of the Careers Centre office, visit the Careers Centre website.
The Careers Centre maintains a job vacancy database which current postgraduate students can access to search for casual and full-time employment. See the section above on the Careers Centre to read how you can register for Job Alert emails and have up-to-date information on advertised vacancies sent to your inbox. Contact the Careers Centre or visit the Careers Centre website for more information.
Essential resources for postgraduate research students
The University of Sydney is committed to providing postgraduate research students with the support and resources necessary to undertake research and complete their degrees. This commitment is described in the Essential Resources for Postgraduate Research Students Policy 2012.