There a number of security measures we take to ensure your safety.
- Security Officers patrol and the campus 24hours a day/ 7 days a week and can be contacted on 9351 9230 if you require assistance at any time or 9351 3333 in the case of an emergency.
- Security staff are also trained as first-aid officers.
- Car parks are monitored by security staff via closed circuit TV cameras
- Emergency phones are located throughout the campus - the red emergency button will directly dial Security.
Tips to help you take charge of your own personal safety
- Avoid lonely or gloomy places, especially at night - walk with a friend, form a group, or stay with a crowd
- Be aware of the people around you - fellow students, staff and others
- Be wary of strangers, on foot or in cars, asking for directions
- If someone follows you, go to a place where there are other people
- Conceal valuable items
- Respect your intuition - it could protect you from danger
- Carry a personal alarm or be prepared to scream 'No!' loudly and run if threatened
- Walk tall and don't look scared - confidence deters attackers
Lost property - Cumberland campus
The lost property office is located at the CIS Counter, on Level 1, A Block.
Items that are handed in and not claimed by their lawful owner within three months may be claimed by the finder.
Any property that remains unclaimed by either the lawful owner or the finder after three months may be given to charity shops for sale if appropriate, or disposed of.
For further information please contact Campus Assist or phone 9351 9563.