Dr Debra Shirley
Senior Lecturer, Physiotherapy
C43O - O Block Cumberland Campus
The University of Sydney
|Telephone||+61 2 9351 9177|
|Fax||+61 2 9351 9601|
Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Disorders
Current research students
|Project title||Research student|
|The effectiveness of an online physical activity intervention and usual physiotherapy care, compared to usual care on pain and disability in patients of medium risk with low back pain.||Hosam ALZAHRANI|
|Physical activity interventions for chronic low back pain: the role of genetics||Joshua ZADRO|
Clinical and Rehabilitation Sciences
- The metabolic benefits of increased physical activity and reduced sedentary behaviour in the office-based workplace; Stamatakis E, Mackey M, Bauman A, Pappas E, Edwards K, Shirley D, Chau J, Engelen L; Rebecca L Cooper Medical Research Foundation/Research Grant.
- Sustaining healthy working-life: applying new technologies to unlock solutions to chronic disease associated sedentary behaviour; Mackey M, Stamatakis E, Pappas E, Shirley D, Halaki M, Burns J, Simic M; Ian Potter Foundation/Medical Research.
- Peer Evaluation of Teaching in FHS; Shirley D, Thomson K, Reed W, Smith-Merry J; University of Sydney/Educational Innovation Grant.
- SSEAC Cluster Research grant 2014; Refshauge K, Shirley D, Burns J, Robinson B, Tapia K, Moloney N, Huu Tu N, Thi Kim Chuc N, Van Giang B, Lee W; Sydney Southeast Asia Centre/Research Grant.
- Decreasing Sedentary Behaviour in Students; Shirley D, Mackey M; University of Sydney/Healthy Sydney University Seed Funding.
- Workplace Physical Activity Collaboration: Faculty of Health Sciences Collaborative Grants 2014; Stamatakis E, Mackey M, Bauman A, Shirley D, Refshauge K, Pappas E, Edwards K, Kay J, Chau J, Nicholas M, Chow C; University of Sydney/Internal Scheme.
- Sit-Stand Workstation Pilot; Mackey M, Leaver A, Rooney K, Chau J, Shirley D, Daley M; National Heart Foundation of Australia/Research Support.
- Predictors of groin strain injury in players across four football codes; Shirley D, Nicholson L; New South Wales Sporting Injuries Committee/Research and Injury Prevention Scheme.
- Sportstec Trak Performance; Sportstec Sportscode-Pro; Wacom grphire4 Education pack; Bundy A, Ada L, Baur L, Davis G, Shirley D, Canning C; National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)/Equipment Grants.
- Does the ability to recruit the deep abdominal muscle transversus abdominis predict response to motor conrol exercise for people with chronic low back pain; Shirley D; Physiotherapy Research Foundation/Research Grant.