Dr Maree Doble
C43A - Jeffrey Miller Admin Building Cumberland Campus
The University of Sydney
Communication Sciences and Disorders
Dr Maree Doble is a lecturer with the Discipline of Speech Pathology, at the Faculty of Health Sciences. She has lectured across three tertiary institutes in the past decade and has managed multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary early intervention teams in the not-for-profit sector, focusing on high quality service delivery and staff development.
Dr Doble has been a member of the NSW Health Ministerial Standing Committee for Hearing, and the NSW Health Paediatric Clinical Practice Guidelines Committee. She was also invited to speak at a Parliamentary Forum on Deafness, and was a Key Note Speaker at the Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf conference.
Dr Doble's particular research interests include paediatric deafness in the preschool years, paediatric cochlear implantation, and measuring service delivery outcomes in the early intervention sector
- Paediatric deafness: preschool years, cochlear implantation.
- Early intervention: service models and outcomes
Dr Doble is a member of the Communication sciences and disorders research team.
Teaching and supervision
- Teaching: Evidence Based Practice for SP; Applied Clinical Practice; Special Studies (Hearing Impairment); Introductory Practice: Clinic and Community; Professional Development
- Supervision: (Masters) Efficacy of intensive speech perception training and its impact on the vocabulary and speech production of young children with significant bilateral congenital hearing loss
Current research students
|Project title||Research student|
|The strategies and facilitators used to support families of children with permanent childhood hearing loss to participate in early intervention||Alyaa ALDUHAIM|
Disability and Community
- Health Partnerships in Primary Schools (Health PiPS); Bundy A, Arciuli J, Black D, Davis G, Doble M, Honey A, Lincoln M, McCabe P, Munro N, O'Connor H, Orr R, Purcell A, Rose K, Baur L, Kay J, Bova E, Meyers M; Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney/Collaborative Research Scheme.
- Health Partnerships in Primary Schools; Bundy A, Arciuli J, Black D, Davis G, Doble M, Honey A, Lincoln M, McCabe P, Munro N, O'Connor D, Orr M, Purcell A, Rose A; Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney/Collaborative Research Scheme.