Miss Natalie Charlton
GradCertHlthScEd (Syd), BAppSc (MRS) (Syd), BN (Syd), MIR
Associate Lecturer, Work Integrated Learning
C43J - J Block Cumberland Campus
The University of Sydney
|Telephone||+61 2 9036 7353|
|Fax||+61 2 9351 9282|
I am a qualified radiation therapist, having graduated from the University of Sydney in 2004. Since that time, I have worked at a major teaching hospital in Sydney before joining the university.My role involves managing and overseeing all aspects of students' radiation therapy clinical training, and the opportunity to guide students through the journey from beginning student to beginning practitioner. I teach across all years of the program and provide pastoral care and supervision to students whilst on clinical placement.
My research interests include the use of simulated learning to assist students in the development and assessment of clinical skills, in addition to the development of problem solving and clinical reasoning skills in students undertaking clinical placement. My RHD project also reflects these research interests.
Teaching and supervision
Unit of study coordinator for the following units:
- MRSC5034 Clinical Studies Radiation Therapy 1
- MRSC5035 Clinical Studies Radiation Therapy 2
- MRSC5036 Clinical Studies Radiation Therapy 3
- MRSC5037 Clinical Studies Radiation Therapy 4
- MRSC5030 Clinical Studies Nuclear Medicine 1
- MRSC5031 Clinical Studies Nuclear Medicine 2
- MRSC5032 Clinical Studies Nuclear Medicine 3
- MRSC5033 Clinical Studies Nuclear Medicine 4
- Introduction of Virtual Environment Radiotherapy Training Systems (VERT) Into Radiation Therapy Teac; Charlton N; Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing/Research Grant.
- Radiation Therapy Undergraduate Clinical Placement Funding Agreement; Charlton N; Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing/Research Grant.