The following is a list of publications by the BREAST team and MIOPeG that are relevant to the aims of this program:
- Soh BP, Lee WB,McEntee MF, Kench PL, Reed WM, Heard R, Chakraborty DP, Brennan PC. Test set data can reasonably describe actual clinical reporting in screening mammography. Radiology 2013 (in press)
- Rawashdeh MA, Bourne RM, Ryan EA, Lee WB, Pietrzyk MW, Reed WM, Borecky N, Brennan PC. Quantitative measures confirm the inverse relationship between lesion spiculation and detection of breast masses. Academic Radiol 2013 (in press)
- Rawashdeh MA, Lee WB, Bourne RM, Ryan EA, Pietrzyk MW, Reed WM, Heard R, Black D, Brennan PC. Markers of good performance in mammography are dependent on number of annual readings. Radiology 2013 (in press)
- Alakhras M, Bourne RM, Rickard M, Ng KH, Pietrzyk MW, Brennan, PC 2013. Digital tomosynthesis: A new future for breast imaging?. Clinical Radiology, Article online
- Tapia K, Brennan, PC, Lee WB, Ryan J 2013. BREAST: a novel method to improve the diagnostic efficacy of mammography. Proceedings of the SPIE Medical Imaging: Image Perception, Observer Performance and Technology Assessment. Orlando, Florida, USA (In press)
- Lewis S, Mariusz PW, Nurthen R, McEntee MF, Evanoff MG, Lee WB, Brennan, PC, Reed WM 2013. Perception in screening mammography: Can insertion of obvious cases enhance cancer detection? Proceedings of the SPIE Medical Imaging: Image Perception, Observer Performance and Technology Assessment. Orlando, Florida, USA (In press)
- Mousa DA, Ryan E, Lee WB, Nickson C, Mariusz PW, Reed WM, Poulos A, Li Y, Brennan, PC 2013. The impact of mammographic density and lesion location on detection. Proceedings of the SPIE Medical Imaging: Image Perception, Observer Performance and Technology Assessment. Orlando, Florida, USA (In press)
- Brennan PC, Soh BP. The challenge of assessing reader performance in mammography. Clin Radiol. 2012 Feb;67(2):192. Epub 2011 Nov 25.
- Soh BLP, Lee WB, Kench P, Reed WM, McEntee M, Poulos A, Brennan PC. Assessing reader performance in radiology, an imperfect science: lessons from breast screening. Clin Radiol 2012 Jul;67(7):623-8
- Li Y, Brennan, PC, Lee W, Ryan JT, Cawson J, Nickson C, Reed WM, Pietrzyk MW, Mousa AD, Ryan E 2012. Outlining and categorising mammographic breast density:expert radiologist perception. Proceedings of the SPIE Medical Imaging: Image Perception, Observer Performance, and Technology Assessment, Bellingham, WA, USA, 8318
- Rawashdeh M, Lee W, Brennan P, Reed W, McEntee M, and Bourne R. Measurement of breast lesion display luminance and overall image display luminance relative to optimum luminance for contrast perception. Proc. SPIE 7966, 79660Z (2011)
- Reed WM, Ryan JT, McEntee MF, Evanoff MG, Brennan PC. The effect of abnormality-prevalence expectation on expert observer performance and visual search. Radiology. 2011 Mar;258(3):938-43.
- Pietrzyk M, Donovan T, Brennan PC, Dix A, and Manning DJ. Classification of radiological errors in chest radiographs, using support vector machine on the spatial frequency features of false- negative and false-positive regions. Proc. SPIE 7966, 79660A (2011)
- Kohli A, Robinson J, Ryan J, McEntee MF, and Brennan PC. Reader characteristics linked to detection of pulmonary nodules on radiographs: ROC vs. JAFROC analyses of performance. Proc. SPIE 7966, 79660K (2011)
- Osborne J and Lee WB. Evaluation of the legal risk of “missed cancers” in 2 BreastScreen Services. JMIRO 54(2010) 24-25
- Reed WM, Lee WB, Cawson JN, Brennan PC. Malignancy detection in digital mammograms: important reader characteristics and required case numbers. Acad Radiol. 2010 Nov;17(11):1409-13.
- Lowe JM, Brennan PC, Evanoff MG, McEntee MF. Variations in performance of LCDs are still evident after DICOM gray-scale standard display calibration. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010 Jul;195(1):181-7.
- Reed W, Poulos A, Rickard M, Brennan P. Reader practice in mammography screen reporting in Australia. J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol. 2009 Dec;53:530-7.
- Haygood TM, Arribas E, Brennan PC, Atkinson EN, Herndon M, Dieber J, Geiser W, Santiago L, Mills CM, Davis P, Adrada B, Carkaci S, Stephens TW, Whitman GJ. Conspicuity of microcalcifications on digital screening mammograms using varying degrees of monitor zooming. Acad Radiol. Dec;16(12):1509-17.
- Hardy V, Svensson J, Brennan PC. The use of simple chest and breast measures as an indicator of appropriate compensation strategies in post-operative radiotherapy of the breast. Radiography Ireland 13: 58-62
- Brennan PC, Ryan J, Evanoff M, Toomey R, O'Beirne A, Manning D, Chakraborty DP, McEntee M. The impact of acoustic noise found within clinical departments on radiology performance. Acad Radiol. 15:472-6.
- O'Connell NM, Toomey RJ, McEntee M, Ryan J, Stowe J, Adams A, Brennan PC. Optimization of region of interest luminances may enhance radiologists' light adaptation. Acad Radiol. 15:488-93.
- O'Connell NM, Toomey RJ, McEntee M, Ryan J, Stowe J, Adams A, Brennan PC. Radiological image presentation requires consideration of human adaptation characteristics. Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging 9: 69171l-8
- Toomey RJ, Curran K, D'Helft C, Joyce MB, Stowe R, Ryan JT, McEntee MF, Manning D,; Brennan PC. Visual adaptation: softcopy image contribution to the observer's field of view. Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging 9: 69170O-6
- Rainford LA, Al-Qattan E, McFadden S, Brennan PC. CEC analysis of radiological images produced in Europe and Asia. Radiography 13: 202-209
- Brennan PC, McEntee M, Evanoff M, Phillips P, O’Connor WT, Manning DJ. Ambient lighting: Setting international standards for the viewing of softcopy radiological images. American Journal of Roentgenology, 188, W177-80
- Ryan JT, McEntee MF, Manning DJ, Evanoff MG, Chakraborty DP, Keeling A, Brennan PC. Ambient lighting: Setting international standards for the viewing of softcopy chest images. Proceedings of the International Society of Optical Engineering, 6515: 65150M1-65150M10
- Murphy P, Brennan PC. Ambient light levels for radiological soft copy viewing: a multi-site comparison. Canadian Journal of Medical Radiation Technology, 38: 9-13
- Toomey R, Brennan PC. Breast imaging: the impact of ambient lighting. Radiography Ireland, 10: 82-84
- Brennan PC Mc Entee M, Evanoff M, Manning D. Optimum ambient lighting conditions for the viewing of softcopy radiological images. Proceedings of the 2006 International Society of Optical Engineering, 6146: 61460W1-61460W9
- Hung WT, Nguyen HT, Lee WB, Rickard MT, Thornton BT, Blinowska A. Diagnostic abilities of three CAD methods for assessing microcalcifications in mammograms and an aspect of equivocal cases decisions by radiologists. Australian Physical & Engineering Sciences in Medicine 2003, 26 (3): 78-83
- Ung OA, Lee WB, Greenberg ML, Bilous M. Complex Sclerosing Lesion: The Lesion is Complex, The Management is Straightforward. ANZ J. Surg. (2001) 71, 35-40