All CDRP news and events
CDRP workstream publications
To view the latest workstream publications click here
News highlights 2014
- July 2014: Professor Richard Madden speaks on ABC NewsRadio about The National Disability Insurance Scheme which turned one on 1 July. To listen, click here and search for the text 'The National Disability Insurance Scheme turns one today'.
- June 2014: The Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Sydney, is pleased to announce the World Health Organisation (WHO) has recently designated the Faculty as a WHO Collaborating Centre in Health Workforce Development in Rehabilitation and Long Term Care, for a period of four years until 11 June 2018, with Professor Gwynnyth Llewellyn acting as the Head of the Centre. More information will be available here soon.
- June 2014: Professor Gwynnyth Llewellyn and Professor Eric Emerson have wrote an opinion piece for 'Ramp Up' about the government's decision not to renew the position of Disability Discrimination Commissioner. This action abandons decades of effort in making visible the discrimination and disadvantage experienced by many ordinary Australians. To read the article, click here
- February 2014: Professor Stewart Einfeld launched the Stepping Stones Triple P (SSTP) Project at the Helping Families Change Conference in Sydney on 21 February. To find out more information click here.
- January 2014: Research Associate Sarina Kilham from the Centre for Disability Research and Policy has written a piece for the Conversation about bushfire planning leaves behind people with disabilities.
News highlights 2013
- November 2013: Transition to retirement: a guide to inclusive practice. A new manual co-authored by University of Sydney academics is available to help Australia's growing population of older people with disabilities successfully move into retirement. Click here to view the table of contents and first few chapters. For more information about the launch of the manual and purchase information click here.
- July 2013: Professor Gwynnyth Llewellyn, Director, CDRP recently attended the 6th Conference of States Parties on the United Nations Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities at the United Nations in New York. To read more click here
- June 2013: Presentations from Transition to Retirement Seminar June 14 are now available: View here
- June 2013: Publication of CDRP Policy Bulletin No 2, 2013: TRANSITION TO RETIREMENT
Recent publications by the Centre for Disability and Policy Research:
- CDRP Policy Bulletin No 1, 2013: LEFT BEHIND 2013
- CDRP Technical Report No 1, 2013:LEFT BEHIND 2013
- CDRP Working Paper No 1, 2013. Disability transitions across the life-course
- Submission February 2013 on ‘The Involuntary or Coerced Sterilisation of People with Disabilities in Australia’ (submission no 21).
- Submission January 2013 on the National Disability Insurance Scheme Bill 2012 to the Senate Standing Committee on Community Affairs (submission no 578).
News highlights 2012
- July 2012: Professor Richard Madden's opinion piece 'NDIS requires focus, not political point scoring', featured on ABC’s The Drum
- July 2012: Professor Llewellyn appointed to WHO Group to develop Health-related Rehabilitation Guidelines
- May 2012 : Ros Madden appointed to NDIS expert group
- April 2012: Community forum on revolutionary reform to disability services
News highlights 2011
- December 2011 - The Sydney Commitment on Disability Research
- December 2011 - Sydney hosts International Symposium on the World Report on Disability
- December 2011 - Supporting people with disabilities to transition to retirement
- October 2011 - Child Health experts to develop new Healthy Kids Check
- September 2011 - Sharing knowledge on disability and development with AusAID fellows
- August 2011: Collaborative Research Network for Mental Health and Well-being in Rural Communities
- June 2011: Developmental disabilities and mental health (NHMRC podcast)